Facing alternatives to flossing, patients of all ages have the tendency to question the efficiency of new products. However, every now and then, we witness the development of new solutions that improve dental care even more. In this context, Sulcabrush has become an interesting concept, which may provide to a large percent of the population the means to better deal with difficult to reach areas of the mouth cavity.
When compared to regular dental floss, Sulcabrush does seem to provide a better approach and this happens due to two main reasons:
- The concept is different – the uni-tuft end which is featured by the Sulcabrush leaves interproximal surfaces clean right to the gums. The levels of dental plaque are thus reduces, leaving no room for bacteria to develop.
- Two ends with different angles – each Sulcabrush comes with two ends, which are angled differently in order to achieve better access and to give you the opportunity to reach surfaces you wouldn’t be able to reach otherwise.
It has been found that Sulcabrush has better results for some surfaces (when compared to regular floss) and similar results for other surfaces. In addition, it has been proven very effective when used around implants, crowns (both on natural teeth and on implants), complex crown bridges, etc. Its versatility is given by the fact that the patients using it have extended control over their movements, thus increasing the precision of the cleaning procedure. Here are a few more things you should know about Sulcabrush, along with some contextual explanations:
- You may experience gum bleeding in the first few days of using Sulcabrush; this is only natural and it will lead to stronger, healthier gums in the future. If the bleeding doesn’t stop after 3 to 5 days, consult your dentist.
- It has been found that this brush can reduce gingivitis, if used regularly; however, it doesn’t stand for a cure from gingivitis.
- This brush doesn’t require toothpaste, so it is quite versatile in nature when it comes to being used in various contexts, from watching TV to travelling. At the same time, the use of Sulcabrush doesn’t imply that you don’t have to use your regular brush twice a day, as usual.